Serving people in Wilmington’s East Side neighborhood since 1971, St. Patrick’s Center is a nonprofit organization that operates a Senior Center, and provides meals, groceries, clothing, paratransit, and social service support to the public. Our essential services are offered in a welcoming and respectful environment. At St. Patrick’s Center, we transform lives by building community, addressing poverty, and restoring hope.
To build community, address poverty, and restore hope
by meeting basic needs with respect and dignity.
- St. Patrick’s Center feeds 3,500 people every month.
- St. Patrick’s Center Social Workers provide 200 services every month.
- St. Patrick’s Center Senior Center provides community to 16 seniors on average each day.
- Our paratransit busses provide over 1,000 free trips for seniors each month.
- We served approximately 30,000 people in 2022.
- We deliver approximately 400 Meals-on-Wheels meals each month.
Staff & Board
Peter Slattery – Executive Director (firstname.lastname@example.org)
George Milligan – Operations Director
Elizabeth Sanon – Food Program Director (email@example.com)
Lana Cropper – Transportation Director
Joseph L. Yacyshyn – Chairman
Theresa Young Vice – Chairman
Nancy Walsh – Law Secretary
R.T. Christopher – Treasurer
Kay Anderson – Director
Rev. Chris Beretta – OSFS
Joseph P. Farley, Jr.
Joseph P. Hickey
Zachary T. Ryan
Joseph B. Smith
Founded in 1971, St. Patrick’s Center is a nonprofit organization that continues to meet the evolving needs of the community. When St. Patrick’s School closed in 1970, the Sisters of St. Francis who staffed the school asked the local community what was needed. It was decided that a senior center would serve the community well.
The senior center operates in the school building and takes opportunities to serve the community and its ever-changing needs. Today, St. Patrick’s Center has evolved into a welcoming, dignified, respectful, and caring environment with the desire to serve the people of Wilmington’s East Side.